AEW Collision Sees Highest Viewership In Over Two Months

This past Saturday night’s episode of AEW Collision started off hot as Bryan Danielson took on Claudio Castagnoli in a Continental Classic Blue League match. It was the first of three tournament matches on the show, including Daniel Garcia’s win over Brody Lee and Andrade El Idolo’s loss to Eddie Kingston. The show also featured the in-ring return of Thunder Rosa, who tagged with Abadon and picked up a victory over AEW TBS Champion Julia Hart and Skye Blue.

Wrestlenomics reports that the latest episode of AEW Collision drew an average overall audience of 489,000 viewers, with a .16 rating for the P18 – 49 demographic. This is a 7% increase in average overall and P18 – 49 viewership from the week before. More impressively, it is a 16% increase in overall viewership and a 23% P18 – 49 demo jump compared to the average audience from the previous four weeks. It drew the highest average overall and P18 – 49 viewership since the October 21 episode.

The opening quarter hour featuring Danielson versus Castagnoli drew the highest average overall audience, with about 529,000 viewers.

The highest average P18 – 49 viewership came in the fourth and fifth quarter hours, which both drew 219,000 in the key demo. The fourth quarter began with the conclusion of Brian Cage versus Keith Lee, followed by a backstage Toni Storm promo and then the beginning of AEW TNT Champion Christian Cage and Shayna Wayne’s promo segment. The fifth quarter started with Cage and Wayne still talking before moving into a backstage angle with Chris Jericho and AEW World Tag Team Champions Ricky Starks and Big Bill, and concluding with the beginning of King versus Garcia.

AEW Dynamite airs tonight at 8/7c on TBS. It will feature AEW World Champion MJF teaming with Samoa Joe to defend his ROH World Tag Team Championships against two of The Devil’s masked mercenaries. There will also be Blue and Gold League Continental Classic matches.